HOW TO ENTER
Entries for the Tour de Porirua are now open. There's an online entry form here, and you can pay by internet banking. There is no paper entry form, if this presents a problem then talk to us, we'll find a way.
We would prefer you to enter by 24 Nov but will accept late entries - in this case, factor in the late fee when calculating how much to pay. Yes you can enter on the day while we have enough maps, but turn up early to do the extra paperwork.
We often get an enquiry for a partner, and you sometimes lose a team member to injury. Please contact us if you want to come but haven't got a team - this applies right up to the day. Dang - we've lost the "Contact" tab. OK, use kelvinthiele at gmail.com.
The entry fees simply cover mapping and printing, use of the base facilities, food afterwards, insurance, and the mileage our precious volunteers have done in repeated visits for course planning. There won't be frills like spot prizes, we put all our efforts into the map and course. The fees go like this:
- $40 per person for the 6-hour rogaine, and $30 for the 3-hour.
- Take off $5 if you belong to an orienteering club or rogaine association.
- But add $10 if you enter after the "normal entry date"
NOW THE SPECIAL OFFERS
Can you divide by 2? If you're mathematically challenged then simply forget these discounts, haha!
- HALVE the resulting figure if you live north of Lake Taupo or south of Cook Strait. We love to have travellers and it will cost you to get here!
- HALVE the result if you're a full-time student. Yes you can have half of a half if you qualify for both!
- PAY NOTHING if you're at primary or intermediate school as at the event date (but you must be in a team with an adult)
- The date we would like to receive entries by is 24 Nov. Use the late fee if the payment will arrive after this.
- The bank account number is 030502 0316515-01. Note that this (Westpac) is different from four years ago which you might possibly still have in your internet banking payees - please check. Use a reference of B19 in the first reference field, and the team or leader name in the second.
- If it's a cheque make it to "Orienteering Hutt Valley" and post it to "BigTrig Rogaine", Box 30398, Lower Hutt
- If you can't make it, let us know by the closing date. We'll do a refund when the dust settles.
- After that, refunds only for circumstances beyond your control and at our discretion.
- Additions and subtractions to teams, new mobile number, change of distance, well there are so many permutations that you'd better send us an email. Contact Kelvin Thiele, see above.
Entry List so far. We have compiled a Team Number from the duration (6 or 3) and the last three of digits from your entry reference number. If you want to talk to us about your entry (changes etc) you can quote either number. This is the list up to 30 Nov (midday), subject to verifying your payment. Late entries available subject to limited extra maps, be in quick.
|6719||The Ancient Bruisers||Alex Manktelow Ben Cartwright||6hrs|
|6724||L2||Leon Perrie Lara Shepherd||6hrs|
|6725||One Lima||Nick Mead Hugh Taylor||6hrs|
|6730||The Flying Takahes||Jenny Visser Mike Fee||6hrs|
|6731||Time for a Cuppa||Phil Kendon Hariette Carr||6hrs|
|6734||Probably Going to Walk Most of It||Kirsty van Reenen Natasha Tomic Claire Conwell||6hrs|
|6735||Mainly Eating||Claire Baldwin Lucy Baker Sarah McIntyre||6hrs|
|6744||Off Piste||Mark Hearfield AJ Millward||6hrs|
|6757||Stray the Course||Mark Malone Bill Trompetter Glen Warner||6hrs|
|6760||Chavtastic Chicks||Val Spooner Claire MaxInnes Rosemary Hall Sarah Painter||6hrs|
|6788||Silver Foxes||Arthurr Klap Gary Dick||6hrs|
|6789||Rock Hoppers||Thomas Czertowicz Jess Hillman||6hrs|
|6796||Colonial - A Bit Passee?||Michael Wood Graeme Silcock||6hrs|
|6797||BSR||Marta Zanetti Jean Beaumont Alastair Shelton Bradley Houghton||6hrs|
|6800||Tim + Ash||Tim Lamb Ash Stewart||6hrs|
|6801||Magnetic Deviation||Gillian Ingham Malcolm Ingham||6hrs|
|6805||Rough Diamonds||Jen Thornburrow Bridget Burt||6hrs|
|6806||#nojakesnolaras||Lizzie Ingham Stuart Engleback||6hrs|
|6810||Ellie & Marina||Ellie Molloy Marina Comeskey||6hrs|
|6811||Lost in Pace||Keri Devine Rob Smith||6hrs|
|6813||Lez Go||Anna Brooke Steph Scheirlinck||6hrs|
|6814||JoKens||Jo McKenzie Ann Kendon||6hrs|
|6816||Pince Mies||Mary McBride Jenny Cassie||6hrs|
|6817||The Kakarikis||Alan Teesdale Ollie Taylor Ryan Topp Micah Wratt||6hrs|
|6824||Running Joke||Joanne Elleouet Blake Johnstone||6hrs|
|6826||Running On Empty||Kiri Shibahara Jack Braddick||6hrs|
|3722||Witness the Fitness||Anna Baumgren Vonne Jones Anna Priestley Julie Marks||3hrs|
|3727||A Walk in the Park||Sarah Holland Ben Holland||3hrs|
|3729||This Way Up||Anna Cornelius Maree Spence Julia White||3hrs|
|3732||Team Curtis||Felicity Curtis Richard Curtis George Curtis Tom Curtis||3hrs|
|3776||102 Not Out||Al Cross Nigel Corry||3hrs|
|3795||The Lost Birds||Katrina Chandler Alix Pratt Sarah Warmington Phoebe Edge||3hrs|
|3798||Team Crawford||Gerald Crawford Tim Crawford||3hrs|
|3799||Jordan||Jordan Taylor Charlotte Holdsworth Cameron Reid Mark Coetzee||3hrs|
|3802||Newbees Take 2||MJ Cook Roz Griffiths||3hrs|
|3803||Bogan Bikers||Fiona Thomson Libby McCulloch||3hrs|
|3804||First Run of the Year||Christopher Dewhurst Gemma Green||3hrs|
|3807||Kareering Karearea||Simon Faulkner Isabelle Faulkner Elliot Faulkner Kate Whelan Jenny Prince||3hrs|
|3808||Ben + Celia||Celia Melville Ben Eveleigh||3hrs|
|3809||The Boys||Nicholas Green Alexander Prichard||3hrs|
|3812||Old, Lame and Pregnant||Ross Bidmead Hazel Bidmead Keri Gunn||3hrs|
|3815||Hurry Up Dad!||Andrew McLellan Jake McLellan Morag McLellan||3hrs|
|3818||Only Fools and Horses||Gareth Robinson Sophie Aitchison Christina Totina Elisabet Hesvik Henry Fisher||3hrs|
|3819||Chariots of Fire||Mark Lee Shona McAuley Yenfei Chan||3hrs|
|3820||Knight Riders||Howard Storey Jessica Wong Lucy Blackbourne||3hrs|
|3821||Kentala||Tara Kendon Lauren Kendon||3hrs|
|3822||Back Again||Charlotte Schorling Lisa Player Fiona Julian||3hrs|
|3823||To the Colonial Knob Ends||Henry Collingridge Steve Peters||3hrs|
|3825||CONCREW||Mike O'Connor Kath O'Connor||3hrs|